Monday 14 November 2011

Writing copy: Script boyfriend cheating.

To do this writing copy i used microsoft word on a blank document, to do this i had to use courier new text, used a slug line which tells you where and when. including good alignment which makes it clear and easy to read. I also had to do dialogue. I think it went well becuase i didnt need any help to do it.

EXT.BUS STOP – NIGHT
JAMIE sits at the bus stop. GRACE sits down next to her, she looks worried.
GRACE
I need to tell you something...
JAMIE
          Ok, but be quick. I am going to meet JOSH.
GRACE
It’s about JOSH.
JAMIE
What about him?
JAMIE looks confused. GRACE looks hesitant bits her lip.
GRACE
Well he... he... (Stutters)
JAMIE
Spit it out!
GRACE
He cheated on you!
JAMIE
What!? He would never do that to me, he said he loved     me... (JAMIE looks hurt)
GRACE
I’m sorry you had to find out like this, but I saw him, I saw with my own eyes. Kissing someone!
JAMIE
Who did he kiss?
GRACE
Well, um... it was... it was JADE!(Blurts it out)
JAMIE
What!!!! She is supposed to be one of my best mates why would she do that to me! I hate her!
GRACE
(Cautiously) I, I might be wrong it might not have been her, I mean I couldn’t see the face quite well.
JAMIE
I know its her she has been acting weird with me for the past two weeks, I knew something was up. But I had no idea what it was!
GRACE
(Nervously) Oh please don’t tell anyone I told you, they will hate me for grassing them up!
JAMIE ponders for a second passing back and forth.
               JAMIE
I know, why don’t we trick them, then catch them together that way I will see for myself and no one thinks you have grassed them up!
GRACE
(Looks relieved) Yeah that’s a good idea!

1 comment:

  1. Katie
    Great script.
    This is a distinction
    you have followed all the rules of script layout. Perhaps to make it even better you could include more "business" (actions) so that it is more obvious what is happening on screen, in addition to what is being said

    Mr Monahan

    ReplyDelete