Monday 3 December 2012

My crew role.


Director

As a director I will control the artistic and dramatic aspects, while guiding the technical crew and actors.

My duties are being responsible for supervising the placement of video cameras, lighting equipment, microphones, and props, giving cues to actors and directing the operator when to start and stop the video tape recorder (VTR).

I need skills such as:

•A good eye for decoration and detail.

•Ability to have ideas.

•Ability to think visually.

•Methodical approach to work.

•Ability to lead a team.

•Ability to see the broader picture and to co-ordinate effectively.

•Diplomacy and sensitivity when working with artists and crew.

•Knowledge of the requirements of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures.

I will closely with the cast and crew to shape the production. I will conduct rehearsals before filming each scene. This process is essential as it tells me, as well as other key members of the crew how the actors are going to play the scene; this enables me to make any necessary adjustments. I will use the storyboards I created to illustrate and set up camera angles that we want.

I will also work with part of the crew to ensure that the emotions of the scene are reflected in the shots for example close ups, mid-shots and wide or long shots. Hopefully these will appropriately shows what is happening in the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment